ATTENTION PATIENTS – 2 May 2017
Bowmont Medical Clinic Doctors would like you to be aware of the following clinic policies at Bowmont Medical Clinic:
- Patients are REQUIRED to book an appointment to see their doctors if they have medical questions, issues, concerns, referrals or prescriptions. If your concern is of an urgent nature, call 911 if appropriate or call Health Link at 811. You will be advised if medical care is required and can call the clinic to book an appointment.
- No immediate access to the nursing staff will be available by phone as our nurses are attending to clinic duties. If you leave a message to the nurse, your call will be returned within 24 hours.
- It is a patient’s responsibility to ensure that the clinic has current contact information such as phone numbers and address.
- Patients will be marked LEFT PRACTICE if they have not been seen in the clinic by their doctor in the last 5 years.
- Patients will be redirected to the PRIMARY CARE CENTER (PCN) if the clinic is not able to accommodate them.
- Results will NOT be given over the phone. Please book a follow-up appointment as you leave the clinic if you require results (labs, diagnostic imaging, etc).
- Results will not be looked for by front staff prior to your follow-up appointment. Please assume we have received them. If not, we will access them.
- Prescription renewals are discouraged over the phone and fax. However, if requested by phone or fax, a fee of $50.00 will be charged prior to completion.
- A fee will be charged to ANY missed appointments without 24 hour notice.
- The following are examples of uninsured services that will be charged fees.
- Letters for massage, physiotherapy and orthotics (Please note: We do not write letters of referral for chiropractic services)
- Third party forms
- Sick/absence/fitness for work notes
- Copies of medical chart
- Driver’s Medical Exam (under the age of 75)
- Alberta Blue Cross special authorization forms
- Any other item as deemed by your doctor. Please refer to all the non-insurable services on albertadoctors.ca
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE POLICIES ARE DETERMINED BY THE DOCTORS. IF YOU HAVE A CONCERN WITH ANY OF THE POLICIES OR FEES, WE TRUST YOU TO DISCUSS THIS WITH YOUR SPECIFIC DOCTOR AND NOT THE STAFF.